The article has information regarding print screen not working. The article has crucial facts regarding print screen not working. If you really want to capture your desktop screen then what better method then to use Print Screen, in order to do that just simply press the print screen button on your keyboard (usually located in the exact same area as the break essential and scroll lock secret) and this will capture the screenshot to the clipboard.
Now you can easily paste this screenshot into any application such as Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, etc. However what occurs if the Print Screen function all of a sudden stops working, well this is what a number of the users are facing, but before diving into that, let’s discover more about the Print Screen.
Basically, Print Screen saves a bitmap picture of the existing screen or screenshot to the Windows clipboard, while pressing that Alt key in combination with Print Screen (Prt Sc) will catch the presently selected window. This image then can be saved by utilizing the paint or any other editing application. Another simple use of the Prt Sc key is that when pressing in the combination with both left Alt and left Shift key will switch on a high contrast mode.
With the intro of Windows 8 (also in Windows 10), you can also press Windows Key in combination with the PrtSckey will capture that screenshot and conserved this image to the disk (the default picture location). Print screen is frequently called as:
Before you make any specified modifications to your system, ensure to create a bring back point. Simply in case something fails, you will be able to restore your system to an earlier configuration when whatever was working properly.
What should I Do If the Print Screen Key Doesn’t Work?
So if you are not able to take screenshots in Windows 10 or the Print Screen key is not working then donot worry as today we are visiting how to fix this concern. If the print screen does not work then try Windows Key + PrtSc secret and if this also does not stress then don’t panic. Without wasting any time, let’s focus on the resolve Print Screen not working issue with the help of the listed troubleshooting guide.
Note: First, you must try to use the print screen secret once again, just press the Print Screen essential (PrtSc) then open Paint and press Ctrl + V to paste the captures screenshot, does it work? If it didn’t then in some cases you require to utilize the function key in addition to the print screen secret, so press Fn + PrtSc and see if this works. If it didn’t then continue with the listed below fixes.
Method 1: Update your keyboard motorist
1. Press that Windows Key + R then type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
2. Expand the Keyboard then right-click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Update Driver.
3. Initially, select Search automatically for upgraded chauffeur software application and await Windows to immediately install the current motorist.
4. Reboot your PC and check if you are able to fix the problem, if not then continue.
5. Again return to the Device Manager and then right-click on that Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select the Update Driver.
6. This time select the “Browse my computer for chauffeur software application.”
7. On the next screen click “Let me select from a list of offered drivers on my computer.”
8. Select the most recent motorists from the list and click Next.
9. Restart your PC to conserve changes and see if you’re able to fix the Print Screen not operating in Windows 10 issue, if not then continue with next method.
Method 2: Disable that F Lock or F Mode
See if you have an F Mode crucial or an F Lock key on your keyboard. Because such secrets will prevent you from taking the screenshots, thus disabling the print screen key. So press that F Mode or F Lock key and again try to utilize the Print Screen Key.
Method 3: Make sure the Windows is up to date
1. Press that Windows Key + I to open the Settings then click on the Update & Security icon.
2. Then under Update status, click on that “Check for updates.”
3. If there is an update is discovered for your PC, set up the upgrade and reboot your PC.
Method 4: Stop the Background programs
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together to open the Task Manager.
2. Find the following programs then right-click each of them and choose “End Task”:
3. When finished close Task Manager and examine if you’re able to repair Print Screen not working problem.
Method 5: Perform a Clean Boot
Often 3rd party software application can conflict with the keyboard and can trigger that print screen key not work correctly. To fix that issue, you need to perform a tidy boot on your PC then attempt to utilize the Print Screen key to take a screenshot.
Method 6: Configure the Alternate Hotkeys for the Print Screen key
- Navigate to this site and download the ScreenPrint Platinum.
2. Install that program then open the ScreenPrint Platinum program.
3. Now click Setup from the ScreenPrint Platinum menu and choose ScreenPrint.
4. Click the Hotkeys button at the bottom of that Configuration window.
5. Next, checkmark the “Enable Hotkeys” then under Global Capture Hotkey, select any character from the dropdown such as P.
6. Similarly, under the Global Capture Hotkey checkmark Ctrl and Alt.
7. Finally, click on the Save button and this will assign the Ctrl + Alt + P keys to substitute for the Print Screen key.
8. Press Ctrl + Alt + P secrets together to catch the screenshot then paste it inside Paint.
Although it didn’t in fact fix Print Screen not working concern, it’s a fantastic alternative till you finally found a correct fix for it. But if you don’t wish to utilize a third-party app then you might also use the Windows built-in Snipping Tool
Method 7: Utilize Snipping Tool
If you still failed to take screenshot by pressing the Print Screen essential then you must try to use the Snipping Tool in Windows. On the Windows Search type, snipping and click the “Snipping Tool” from the search results page.
This built-in tool in Windows supplies a terrific method to take a screenshot of the portion of the presently active window or the entire screen.
That’s it you have effectively Fix Print Screen Not Working in Windows 10 Issue however if you still have any queries concerning this post then do not hesitate to inquire in the remark area.